Kw's Reviews > Wild Things: The Art of Nurturing Boys

Wild Things by Stephen    James

F 50x66
Feb 02, 2010

I only wish this could be "required reading" for all parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, neighbors, teachers, friends - - - well, you get the picture. It is excellent. My other wish is that we'd had it four decades or so ago! ;-))

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Things.

message 1: by Steven (new)

Steven I think you instinctively "got" this subject matter anyway. I think all but the most obtuse mothers learn how to parent boys by on the job training--with sometimes a few tips from Dad about what makes the 'wild things' tick. The others just never get it. Of course, both would benefit from the book, as would fathers, I'm sure, and most every school teacher. Because it 'takes a village' (Ha.) Boys can be a handful, that's certain.

Can't wait to read it!

message 2: by Kw (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kw When you read this, you'll understand how much I actually didn't "get." I think it is really more geared to fathers, actually, but few fathers seem to read, and probably none read my fb posts!! I think Emile will read it, and he has three "wild things."

message 3: by Steven (new)

Steven I know Stephen James and David Thomas will both read your review anon.

Here's a riddle:
A group of 'wild men' walk into an empty bar--and the door closes and locks them all inside. Their names are Stephen, James, David, and Thomas. During their efforts to escape, a fight breaks out, and one man is killed. Soon the police arrive and find only one eyewitness--and he ain't talkin. What happened to the others?