Farrah's Reviews > Foretold

Foretold by Rinda Elliott

Mar 10, 2014

My Rating: 4.5/5

Absolutely fantastic! Foretold was an absolutely amazing YA paranormal romance. I loved this book! After reading the blurb, I had high expectations going in and this book definitely didn't disappoint. Loved it!

I just love how original the concept for this book is. I've never seen anything similar to this book, with its interesting use of Norse mythology. Three sisters that are reincarnations of Norse goddesses, the onset of the Norse apocalypse, and three warriors who are reincarnations of Norse gods who are also prophecized to kill one of said sisters. Not to mention their insane mother and a certain trickster god on the loose. It was all wonderfully done and I loved it all.

Raven was a wonderful heroine. She was strong and determined to keep Vanir safe and find a way to keep her sister and herself alive. I really liked her. She was a lovely character.

Vanir was just amazing. This guy was so sweet and determined to keep his family safe, after he proved a target for dark spirits. He had a way of going from super hot to super sweet and, overall, totally swoon-worthy. And, he was just a very nice guy in general. He just also happened to have the power of a god if someone really pissed him off. I absolutely adored him. He was perfect.

The romance was lovely. Raven and Vanir were great together. They were both strong and determined and definitely proved themselves a formidable team. And, the heat level between them was on the higher end for YA books. My one issue with them was that it seemed a bit too insta-love. I got that they were fated to be together and the souls of the gods that they housed led them to have an instant connection, but I wish we had seen them actually gotten to know each other more. But, they were a little too busy with an apocalypse to worry about going on dates, so I understood it. Overall, I thought they were perfect together.

The plot was fast paced and I was hooked the entire way through. It was a little all over the place at first because I didn't understand what was going on and it took a while to explain things fully. But, once I got it, I was riveted. There were tons of thrills and one hell of a surprise to keep you on the edge of your seat. I really enjoyed the story and the ending has me excited for book 2.

Foretold was a fantastic YA paranormal romance. I loved this book! The romance, myths, surprises, and thrills were all wonderful. From beginning to end, it was just lovely. YA romance readers, this is a book you don't want to miss.

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Foretold.

Started Reading