Sofie Løvstakken's Reviews > Ender's Game

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ender's Game.

Quotes Sofie Liked

Orson Scott Card
“Early to bed and early to rise," Mazer intoned, "makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes.”

Orson Scott Card
“I think that most of us, anyway, read these stories that we know are not "true" because we're hungry for another kind of truth: the mythic truth about human nature in general, the particular truth about those life-communities that define our own identity, and the most specific truth of all: our own self-story. Fiction, because it is not about someone who lived in the real world, always has the possibility of being about oneself. --From the Introduction”

Orson Scott Card
“I don't care if I pass your test, I don't care if I follow your rules. If you can cheat, so can I. I won't let you beat me unfairly - I'll beat you unfairly first.
- Ender ”

Orson Scott Card
“Remember, the enemy's gate is down.”

“You're a monster.
Thanks. Does this mean I get a raise?
No, just a medal. The budget isn't inexhaustable.”

Orson Scott Card
“Since when do you have to tell the enemy when he has won”

Orson Scott Card
“Human beings may be miserable specimens, in the main, but we can learn, and, through learning, become decent people.”

Orson Scott Card
“If you listen very carefully, you can hear the good fairy come in the night and leave our assignment for tomorrow.”

Orson Scott Card
“Peter, you're twelve years old. I'm ten. They have a word for people our age. They call us children and they treat us like mice.”

Orson Scott Card
“I love you Ender. More than ever. No matter what you decide.”

Orson Scott Card
“That night Demosthenes published a scathing denunciation of the population limitation laws. People should be allowed to have as many children as they like, and the surplus population should be sent to other worlds, to spread mankind so far across the galaxy that no disaster, no invasion could ever threaten the human race with annihilation. "The most noble title any child can have," Demosthenes wrote, "is Third.”

Orson Scott Card
“Bonzo, he pre-cise. He so careful, he piss on a plate and never splash.”
tags: humor

Orson Scott Card
“I also remembered that you were beautiful."
"Memory does play tricks on us."
"No. Your face is the same, but I don't remember what beautiful means anymore.”

Orson Scott Card
“nobody ever wrote to me saying"you know ender's game was a pretty good book, but you know what it really needs a n introduction!".....so be assured the novel stands on its own, and if you skip this intro and go straight to the story, i not only won't stand in your way i'll even agree with you!”

Orson Scott Card
“yesterday someone sent a message that was signed GOD! bernard said.
really? dap said. i didn't know he was signed onto the system”

Orson Scott Card
“I'm putting you in Dink Meeker's toon. From now on, as far as you're concerned, Dink Meeker is God."
"Then who are you?"
"The personnel officer who hired God.”

Orson Scott Card
“we're all trying to decide wether your scores are up there are a miricule or a mistake.
a habit”