Melissa's Reviews > Since You've Been Gone

Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

Mar 10, 2014

bookshelves: books-i-own, favorites

Review can also be found on my blog: http://melissa-reads-books.blogspot.b...

What a book! People said it’s THE book of summer 2014 and I totally agree! It deserves the hype 100%. This is a perfect summer-book and I flew across the pages. It’s such an easy read, because Morgan’s writing is so good. I almost read the whole book in ONE day!

“All the stuff you can’t wait to get away from, until it’s not there anymore, and then you miss it like crazy.”

I immediately connected with the main character Emily. I could relate so much, because that’s how I felt one time when my best friend changed school and left me alone. The fact that Sloane was gone intrigued me a lot, but sometimes I found myself disliking her because she left Em without saying anything.

“It just gets hard, always being someone's second choice”

Frank is amazing!! I was super curious about him. He was showing up everywhere in the beginning. I have to admit I was a little confused about him, but afterwards I was so glad he met Emily. He’s so sweet and handsome (ABS!!)!

“We were kissing like it was a long-forgotten language that we'd once been fluent in and were finding again”

The storyline was really great! The thing about the list was super fun. The book has also a lot of character developments (especially with Emily!) and life lessons. I also liked that the book wasn’t completely focused on the romance, but also on the friendships.

“How was I supposed to keep living in this town when everything I saw reminded me of someone I'd lost?”

The book is gorgeous by the way. The cover is so summer-ish and the playlists and letters between chapters is really fun.

I wouldn’t mind a sequel! Morgan, what do you say? I need more Em/Frank and Em/Sloane! :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Since You've Been Gone.

Quotes Melissa Liked

tags: life

Morgan Matson
“Real friends are the ones you can count on no matter what.
The ones who go into the forest to find you and bring you home.
And real friends never have to tell you that they’re your friends.”

Morgan Matson
“It just gets hard, always being someone's second choice”

March 10, 2014 – Shelved
page 36
September 6, 2014 –
page 93
page 131
29.18% "I'm starting to like this very much!"
page 203
page 243
page 325
page 361
80.4% "Aww Frank ♥♥\n But Collins, what happening? :("
page 449
100.0% "I want more!!!!! Amazing book! (Review to come)"
September 7, 2014 – Finished Reading