Shelley's Reviews > If Only

If Only by A.J. Pine

ARC generously provided by publisher via Netgalley for an honest review.

Jordan is off to study for a year in Aberdeen, Scotland. She is determined to discover who she is and what she wants. IT is a year to have fun and nothing serious. What she doesn't expect is to meet two guys from America on the train ride to campus that will form what kind of year she will have.

Griffin sits down next to Jordan and they hit it off right away, she pegs him as a player, but quickly learns he is a good guy. She then has a run in with Noah coming back from the loo that knocks her world off its axis. She discovers that there is a connection between her and Noah that is undeniable. That is until she finds out he has a boyfriend.

Jordan must decide since she can't be with her Mr. Right (Noah) can she be with Mr. Right Now (Griffin).

I really didn't know what to expect from this book but I really enjoyed it. Jordan did not get what she had planned for the year and I will tell you there is lots of angst and delayed gratification. Griffin is a great guy who lets Jordan know that he is not into big commitment, however it is obvious Jordan means more to him then he had planned. Griffin is a great friend and I felt badly for him on how he was second choice but he really does fit the friend mold.

I liked Jordan and really felt for her, her relationship with Noah is heart breaking. For most of the book I will say I was cheering for them with their obvious attraction to each other, but Noah is determined to make a failing relationship work. Then when they give in he does something stupid and hurtful and I wanted to smack him. It seems like he spends most of the book hurting Jordan and at one point I really kind of wanted Jordan to tell him to take a hike. But this is a story about taking chances and opening yourself up to both love and pain. It is a really sweet book with a writing style that makes you really feel what the characters are feeling.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If Only.

March 9, 2014 – Started Reading
March 9, 2014 – Shelved
March 10, 2014 –
70.0% "UGH! These two just cannot get it together. It is driving me insane."
March 11, 2014 – Finished Reading