Sandra's Reviews > Her Summer with the Marine

Her Summer with the Marine by Susan Meier

When I figured out the setting were two funeral homes and the two main characters Ellie and Finn are dealing with heavy family issues and competing for customers, I was a bit shocked. But the saucy story line between the two high school rivals made me laugh and the writing was flirty and fun and when the characters dealt with family issues they supported each other.
I loved the delicate story line about death and advertising for customers and then they decide to have fun with each other sexually and give in to their chemistry. The end of the book had me crying while Ellie had to lean on friends when her family issues reached a breaking point. I loved the way Finn comes back into her good graces and shows her he loves her and the plot came full circle!
I would love to read MORE about this family friendly town and maybe Finn's brothers need to be in a future book!
I received an advanced reading copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Summer with the Marine.

March 8, 2014 – Started Reading