Jennifer's Reviews > Prophet

Prophet by Frank E. Peretti

bookshelves: life-changer

My Mom had me read this book when I was in High School. I'm so glad she did, it really changed my life.
It's the reason I don't watch the news on TV, ever. It's the reason I question any kind of 'fact' that comes from television. It's the reason that I still feel like news television is just a really great soap opera.

Granted, being 15/16 years old and reading this book is going to make an incredible impression on you, but this is one of those books that stuck with me through the years and changed my entire way of thinking. You can't say that often about fiction.

This book will enrage you, but it is still worth every dime.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prophet.

Finished Reading
January 30, 2010 – Shelved
January 30, 2010 – Shelved as: life-changer

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Emily Joyce I agree...after I read this the first time, I never looked at the news the same way...I'm reading it again, mainly because I feel that I'm mostly LIVING Frank Peretti's "fiction" every day!

Jennifer Emily wrote: "I agree...after I read this the first time, I never looked at the news the same way...I'm reading it again, mainly because I feel that I'm mostly LIVING Frank Peretti's "fiction" every day!"

So glad to see another person felt the same way about this novel, I haven't met many people that have actually read it. Thanks so much for the comment!

message 3: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine You are right about the media Jennifer. I too feel the same way and there is more truth in Frank Peretti's books! Looking forward to reading this too after reading "this present darkness" and "piercing the darkness"...I didn't see fiction but truth in those books...Truly, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12
Things are happening today that only the ignorant cannot see. Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge..." Keep praying and know that Christ will return for His people. God bless.

message 4: by Dustin (last edited Jun 06, 2019 10:16PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dustin Nice review, Jennifer!