Leigh's Reviews > Succubus Heat

Succubus Heat by Richelle Mead

Jan 30, 2010

Read from August 17 to 28, 2011 , read count: 3

Re-reading in preparation for Succubus Revealed! GAH!!!! It's almost here!!!!

As with all the others, I loved it just as much as the first time around, and still, I think this is definitely my favorite Georgina book. In true Mead fashion, it is a rollercoaster of emotions, but there are some super super highs, and those just made it the amazing book it was (even with the heartbreak at the end). So, so happy for those moments. **sigh**

Onto Shadows, and then less than 1 day for Revealed!! YAHOOOOOO!!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Succubus Heat.

Quotes Leigh Liked

Richelle Mead
“How come when mortals want things, their only option is to make a deal with Hell and sell their soul? Why can’t they make deals with God in exchange for good behavior?"

It was another of those rare moments when I’d surprised Carter. I waited for the glib answer I’d mentioned to Seth, something along the lines of goodness being its own reward. The angel considered for several seconds. "Humans make those deals all the time," he said finally. "They just don’t make them with God."

"Then who are they making them with?" I exclaimed.

"Themselves.”

Richelle Mead
“I don't care," said Seth. "I would have done it. I would have sold my soul for you. You and me...I told you. Something's always going to keep us near each other...even if we aren't together.”

Richelle Mead
“Jesus," I said. "That was bad."
Seth looked startled—and then hurt. "Bad?"
"No, not performance bad—more like dirty, wicked bad. The kind of stuff that gets an R rating."
"What, we can't do that?" He stepped forward and wrapped his arms around my waist, nuzzling my neck.
"Well, yeah...er, well, damn it. We're not supposed to be. Not at all. It's just that last time, it was like...I don't know. It was making love. This time it was..."
"Fucking?" he supplied.
"Oh God," I groaned. "Seth Mortensen just said 'fucking' out loud. The end times are near.”

Richelle Mead
“You were right to end it with us,” I said harshly. “And I’m not willing to do it again.”

He stared at me, shocked. My words were a lie, of course. Part of me wanted to try again, to endure anything to be with him. But I couldn’t stop thinking about Maddie. Couldn’t stop thinking about the hurt she would go through. It was ironic, really. Last time, he’d gone out of his way to hurt me purposely because it was for the greater good. Now I was doing the same for both of them, saving her from heartache and him from more grief with me. We were in an endless cycle.

“You can’t mean that. I know you can’t.” His face was a mixture of incredulity and pain.

I shook my head. “I do. You and me are a disaster. What we did during this stasis...it was wrong. It was disgraceful. Immoral. We betrayed someone who loves both of us, who wishes nothing but the best for us. How could we do that? What kind of precedent is that? How could we expect to have a solid relationship that was built on that sort of sordid foundation? One that was built on lies and deceit?” Saying those words hurt. It was tarnishing the beauty of these precious few days we had, but I needed to make my case.

Seth was silent for several moments as he assessed me. “You’re serious.”

“Yes.” I was a good liar, good enough that the person who loved me most couldn’t tell. “Go back to her, Seth. Go back to her and make it up to her.”

“Georgina...” I could see it, see it hitting him. The full weight of betraying Maddie was sinking in. His nature couldn’t ignore the wrong he’d done. It was part of his good character, the character that had gone back to save Dante, the character that was going to make him leave me. Again. Hesitantly, he extended his hand to me. I took it, and he pulled me into an embrace. “I will always love you.”

My heart was going to burst. How many times, I wondered, could I endure this kind of agony? “No, you won’t,” I said. “You’ll move on. So will I.”

Seth left not long after that. Staring at the door, I replayed my own words. You’ll move on. So will I. In spite of how much he loved me, how much he was willing to risk, I truly felt he’d go back to Maddie, that he’d believe what I said. I’d driven home the guilt, made it trump his love for me.

You’ll move on. So will I.

The unfortunate part about being a good liar, however, was that while I could get other people to believe my words, I didn’t believe them myself.”
Richelle Mead, Succubus Heat

Teri I should be doing the same thing! I forget it all!

Leigh Teri wrote: "I should be doing the same thing! I forget it all!"

well, i decided to look back at my highlights for the previous books, and now i'm stuck on re-reading book 1! LOL! i'm loving it, though. i just hope i can get through them all in time! :)

Pamela / SpazP I CANT BELIEVE THE END IS ALMOST HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leigh Pamela/Amanda - me TOOOOOOO!!!!!! kids'll be in school, and i'm taking the day off from work. Can't Wait!!!!!

Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book I ordered mine thru the University Book store so it can be signed so I don't believe I will get it right away but either way sooo looking forward to it.

Leigh Amanda wrote: "I ordered mine thru the University Book store so it can be signed so I don't believe I will get it right away but either way sooo looking forward to it."

i am planning to do the same, Amanda. i did it w/ Succubus Shadows, and i figure i'll do the same w/ the final. but, of course, i'll also be downloading it to my Kindle at 3am on the day of its release! :)