Printable Tire's Reviews > Jokes and the Unconscious: A Graphic Novel

Jokes and the Unconscious by Daphne Gottlieb

Jan 29, 2010

bookshelves: grunge-slacker-twentysomething

Lately I haven't felt like reading anything substantial for the first time in what seems like in a while. But I've been reading bits and pieces of this, and I finally finished it last night (coincidentally today I went to a wake). It was a little disjointed, but altogether I found it to be really good. The jokes were TERRIBLE, though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jokes and the Unconscious.

message 1: by Martin (new)

Martin The unconscious was good though eh?

message 2: by Leslie (new)

Leslie I didn't realize that Daphne Gottlieb wrote a graphic novel. She's a poetry celeb in SF; I've seen her perform a few times. I own this book of stories she organized where she asked people to write "mostly true" erotica about her . . .

Printable Tire the unconscious was adequately neurotic.

Leslie, if I saw a picture of the author/looked her up before reading this I would've totally been biased against the book and maybe not even have read it. But I had a feeling I knew the artist from her more famous lesbo comic book though, so maybe I would've read it anyway. At any rate, having looked the writer up afterward I am a little disappointed because she writes like she should be in her mid 20's.