Nic's Reviews > A Courageous Ride

A Courageous Ride by Andrew  Grey

bookshelves: mm, series, cowboy, dreamspinner-purchased, zz-amazon-yes

I spent the weekend in the country and what a great choice of book for the wet and miserable Sunday afternoon. While I might have been spending the weekend watching the gorgeous Australian countryside, I was really spending my weekend on a ranch in Texas! :)

This is a story of chasing dreams - Indigo's bull riding dream is over due to injury and Marshall hasn't yet achieved his goal of obtaining a job as a symphony conductor. But it is also a story of finding out what is really important in life.

These men are opposites in many ways, at least in terms of where they live, their financial situation and careers, but so similar in the ways that really count. They are good and caring men and the story is focused on them weighing up the consequences and taking a risk for happiness.

It's a feel-good story, with good people, romantic moments, a nice amount of sex and a happy ending. Yes, its sentimental with lots of sweetness but as I always say, that's why I read Andrew Grey!

"I don't know what the future holds for you, or for Indigo. I can't say whether the two of you belong together or not. But I can tell you that if it's meant to be, you'll find your way back to one another." Ryan paused. "But when that happens, you have to have the courage to hold on and recognize it."

I also loved the sweet dedication at the beginning of the book....."To Dominic, for being courageous enough to take the ride through life with me."....so romantic.

Visit my blog if you want to see all my m/m reviews in one place! Because Two Men Are Better Than One!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Courageous Ride.

March 6, 2014 – Shelved
April 6, 2014 – Started Reading
April 6, 2014 –
April 6, 2014 – Shelved as: zz-amazon-yes
April 6, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Ingie (new)

Ingie Lovely review Nic! We have a lot of rainy days here and this book really sounds as a winner for such a day. I don't think I ever read anything by Andrew Grey. Will read more about this one.

message 2: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic Ingela wrote: "Lovely review Nic! We have a lot of rainy days here and this book really sounds as a winner for such a day. I don't think I ever read anything by Andrew Grey. Will read more about t..."
Hi Ingela. Thanks for your kind words. Andrew Grey is my go-to-author when I need a sweet story with nice characters and happy endings. I know what to expect from one of his books so I read when the mood is right. They may not be for everyone but do give them a try. I hope you enjoy. :)

message 3: by Ingie (new)

Ingie Do you want to recommend me one to start with?

message 4: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic Ingela wrote: "Do you want to recommend me one to start with?"

Maybe try his Senses series Love Comes Silently. Let me know what you think. :)