books are love's Reviews > Hold on Tight

Hold on Tight by Nicola Haken

This is a amazing, haunting, real, jaw dropping emotional and yet beautiful book. The story of struggle and addiction is brought to you in such a real way that you will feel the struggles and emotions the characters are experiencing. It will sweep you into their world and the emotional ride is well worth it. Nicola Haken has created such a realistic portrait of addiction, struggling with addiction and love that it will break your heart to see but still have you hoping for more. Praying for more.

Kleenex is a requirement for this hauntingly gorgeous and perfectly beautiful love story and tale. The book picks up where take my hand leaves off but we go darker.

Now Dex is lost and has jumped down the rabbit hole. As he gets out of control trying to numb his pain and guilt via drugs, Emily is trying to hold on as tight as she can to save him. But as Alice finds out was you jump the only way to climb back up is to reach bottom first. And this is the same for Dex. He has to reach bottom and bottom for him was his dad and almost losing Emily. As he fights for his life Emily fights for him. For him to become the man he is and doesn't think he is.

Throughout the story we learn about Dex's past and his addictions. We find out what means something to him and what love is. We see him face his addiction with fear and openness. Finally seeing that he has something to live for and not just drugs- he has Emily.

As their life gets in order though, a bone chilling reveal is made to Dex one that will shatter the world Emily knows and I hope for everyone that a HEA is in the cards for Emily, Dex and her brother Chris because these three deserve it.

You will laugh, cry and fall in love with Emily, Dex and Chris in this book more than you can imagine. Haken has you feel what they are feeling and brings you into the world of love and addiction in such a beautiful and realistic way that you will not put the book down until every last page is read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hold on Tight.

Started Reading