Tori's Reviews > Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl

Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst

F 50x66

Plain and simply, this book is changing my life. I apologize if that sounds melodramatic but God is working in my heart and mind through what I've read in this book. I am reading this as part of a small group study and still have a couple of days before I meet with my Bible Study Girls to discuss it but I had to capture my thoughts right now!

Not only does Lysa TerKeurst write as if she is sitting across a table having coffee with you, she has an uncanny ability to make statements that drive straight into my heart. She has convinced me that it is possible to see and experience God in everything...from prayers to rainstorms to chance encounters (because let's face it, God's in control so nothing is really a "chance" - we just need to recognize it for what He wants us to).

I didn't want it to end but when I read the last few paragraphs, I knew I had arrived at the point I needed to be. Like Lysa, I'm living in the anticipation of that "peaceful assurance that whatever got [me] to this moment was all worth it."

Read this book...better yet, read it in a small group. Take the time to let God's plan and purpose for us on this earth to seep into your soul. You won't see the world the same again!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl.

March 5, 2014 – Started Reading
March 5, 2014 – Shelved
June 1, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

message 1: by Kris (new)

Kris This is a great book. I love Lysa, she writes like she is sitting right there with you have a one to one conversation.

Tori So true, Kris. I love reading her books. I would love to see her speak sometime.

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy I saw her at Women of Faith this past year-even got to meet and talk with her! She speaks to you as if you two are the only people in the room, and she is even funnier in person!! She has a real flair for telling stories! :)

message 4: by Kathi (new)

Kathi Jackson Good for you!

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris Oh, I wish I was in your small group! I read this one alone, but it still had great impact. I also enjoy Lysa very much, as she has a way of writing that makes it feel very personal. I have read a few of her other books and have enjoyed them as well.

I read One Thousand Gifts by Ann VosKamp this past winter and had a similiar "life" touching experience with the book. She talks about how to be thankful for the very smallest things in life that we take for granted. Sometimes even the things that annoy, sadden or hurt us. I took my time in reading it, so that it would really sink in, and I was at the very right place in my life to read it.

Hugs!!! :)

Tori Looks like I have another book to add to my list! I wish you could be part of our group as well...they are an amazing group of ladies who inspire and encourage me constantly. We are working on possibly a few of us going to the Women of Faith conference in Sept. I will let you know what we decide...maybe you could meet us there? We talked about it before but I'm still trying to work it out.

Hugs right back to you, my friend! :)

message 7: by Marta (new)

Marta Sparks Oh that word..Word Of Faith..WOF..PLZZ look it up. It is NOT true Gospel..Plzzz. Go to youtube search it out..and I dont see Lysa as part if this DANGEROUS group..I pray not!!l ..ask for God to show you the light... For the truth..I must warn because what kind of Christian am I if I've learned this is WRONG..and not say something..God Bless..