Lisa Vegan's Reviews > The Book of Bunny Suicides

The Book of Bunny Suicides by Andy Riley

Nov 05, 2007

bookshelves: graphic-comics, fiction, reviewed
Read in July, 2009

This is undoubtedly the most perverted book I’ve ever read. It’s also ingenious, and it’s very funny.

My favorite suicidal bunnies are the “Beam me up Scotty” and “Noah’s Ark” and also the “airplane toilet” and, and, and so many others.

I’m reminded a little of Gary Larson and I love The Far Side. Here though, it’s all bunnies, all suicidal, all the time.

I see that there are other books of additional suicidal bunnies. I’m not sure how many more variations this author/illustrator can come up with, but I suspect it’s enough to make the other books worth checking out.

You have to have a really warped sense of humor and be in the right mood to appreciate these cartoons. I wouldn’t recommend this book to everyone, but I enjoyed it.

"Beam me up Scotty" is so good!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Bunny Suicides.

Lisa Vegan Abigail, It's in this collection, and yes, it is very funny.

Lisa Vegan Abigail, So I take it you've read more than one of these?! ;-)

Lisa Vegan Definitely.;-) Me too.

The Darth Vader one had a little more to it because of DV's very funny reaction. Whatever I find hilarious is fine with me and I enjoyed these.

Jackie "the Librarian" I remember this book as one that outraged a concerned mother, who thought it should NOT be in a school library.
I guess she doesn't get the humor. ;)

Lisa Vegan Oh Jackie, as you know very well, just about every book has someone objecting to it. I admit that this one is outrageous and I'm glad my public library had it but it does make me even more perplexed given all the many books the library does not have, and all those they aren't buying due to lack of funds.

message 6: by Christina (new)

Christina Lisa, I actually own this one and I love it. It's so so funny! I can't pick my favourite one because they are all just so good! I haven't checked out the other in the series - maybe I will now you've reminded me of them :-)

message 7: by Rachel (new) - added it

Rachel Do you think this book is good for kids, if they have open-minded parents? What age of kids would you recommend it for?

Lisa Vegan Rachel, it's really a book for adults, in my opinion. I might have enjoyed it from 12 up, which is when I started reading adult books.

message 9: by Rachel (last edited Jul 10, 2009 08:00AM) (new) - added it

Rachel yeah, i was thinking it might be good for teenagers. i love this kind of humor, so i can't wait to ck it out myself. i've got a friend who keeps bunnies as pets, i wonder if she will like it!

message 10: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Vegan Read it first. ;-) It really is warped, funny but warped.

Kelly H. (Maybedog) I've read two of them and loved them. I gave the second one to a teenager as a gift one year and he loved it, too. But some parents probably wouldn't like it even for a teenager with the suicide motif and all. Make sure any teenager who reads it isn't depressed or you could get blamed if she offs herself. :)

message 12: by Christina (new)

Christina I've had 4 house rabbits and I still enjoyed it. I don't think a child will be able to appreciate the humour but teenagers will love it, I think.

Kelly H. (Maybedog) Teenagers are very, very sick.

message 14: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Vegan Well, two of the jobs of teenagers are to flaunt convention and to be outrageous.
;-)