Kath's Reviews > Angel's Peak

Angel's Peak by Robyn Carr

1991203
Jan 28, 2010

Read in February, 2010

Liked this story, though maybe not as much as some of the rest in the series. Liked the story of Sean and Franci, but it still bugs me that someone would have a child without telling the father. While Franci had some good reasons for not wanting to get into a marriage that was forced, it seemed to me that there had to be another solution, but she wasn't strong enough to follow through. Very sad and selfish of her to deprive Sean and his family from Rose all those year. It was also very unfair to Rose. In general I liked the relationship with Franci and Sean and liked them as characters.

I did, however really enjoy the friendship between their mothers. Vivian and Maureen. I thought it was great that they found friendship in eachother and could talk about things that were important to them. I also liked catching up with some of the other characters in the series, even though it seemed that you were looking for the outside instead of from the inside like the others in this series.

While the whole foundation of the series is based on a sense of community and family, it's seems as though they get so involved with children and they seem to be the foundation of many of the relationships, not eachother. That, I don't buy. This is the can with Cameron and his girl, Paul and Vanessa and well as Sean and Franci. Children do change everything, but they should have something with eachother, so they can provide a loving home to their children. Not the other way around, which is how some of these seem.

Even with all that, I still love this series and can't wait for the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel's Peak.