Gokce ~Muslin Myst~'s Reviews > Lover Mine

Lover Mine by J.R. Ward

** spoiler alert ** This book was all the reasons why I love John. All the frickin' reasons. I don't even know where to start with the review, so many things to say, so much emotions. I have to admit, even though not always I approve of the way of JR's writing, she does have a way of warming you up to things, she really does, I'll get to that.

I'll admit, when we first met Xhex I didn't like her. At all. And because I loved John from the very first moment he appeared in the lives of the Brothers I truly loved him, I didn't think she was a good match for him, and the way she was described throughout the books didn't help. But I got to like her by Rehv's book and I did love her in this one. It was clear she's been through some serious shit, and we got to know a bit better about her if not all. But I'm glad we've been let in on the emotional side of her. She's the tough girl, not very lady-like, a tomboy in the world of men and she's doing a hella good job. But it was great to see her let her guard down for John.

Oh John..He brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "male of worth" don!t ya think? The way he handled things, the way he handled Xhex's abduction, the realization of what she's been through, he was truly amazing. Kinda makes you wish the guy was alive so we can clone him or something. Xhex is one lucky ass-kicking vamp. Apart from all his personality and all the things he did throughout the book, two really did leave an impression on me: When he washed Xhex in the shower when she lost her balance, being extra careful not to touch her inner thighs, and when he helped her kill Lash even though the bonded male in him screamed revenge and even though she was about to die. Just these two things are enough to describe the guy.

As this was John's book, we got to see a lot of Qhuinn and Blay for which I was grateful beyond words. Beyond frickin' words!. I'm a die-hard supporter of those two, there's a good possiblity I'm gonna hurt something if they don't get their own book.
Now, it wss great that we got to see both Qhuinn and Blay's points of view. Blay is the perfect gentleman as always and he deserved to have some shot at being satisfied. And I was glad he was, and not at all annoyed about it, how many times did the poor guy have to watch and/or hear Qhuinn get laid? So yeah, the guy deserved some quality time. And the fact that Qhuinn was jealous and was actually on the verge of admitting his true feelings for him was great to read. And two things about them..
"I miss you. I miss you so fucking bad it hurts, but I don't know how to find you even though you're right in front of me."

And,

"Funny, he could barely remember losing his virginity[..:], though, he realized he was going to remember Blay's first for the rest of his life." Heartbreaking yet beautiful.

I was surprised we didn't get as much Payne as I expected but from what I've read I realized I liked the girl. Her book should be interesting, hope to see more WTF! and YOU LIED TO ME BITCH!! from V towards his Scribe Not-So-Virgin mama. She deserves a lot of crap coming her way. She really does. Man, what I'd give to read her getting smacked around..

Back to JR warming me up to ideas. It's Thor. Yeah. Even though ı still hate the idea of him having another female, it's too heartbreaking to see the guy this sad. Kinda made me wish he was happy again. Oh, you know what I mean! And his backstory with Darius linked to Xhex was pretty good and interesting, not to mention the bomb that dropped on my lap when I read about No-One. Did.Not.Expect.That.One. But yeah, the guy deserves to be happy, he really does, loved his backstory, kinda made me wonder how him and Wellsie were promised to each other before they were born, under the circumstances of his relations with his dad but whatever, since we get his book I guess we'll get to see that too.

A lot more things I wanted to say about this book but can't get my head around, all in all, it was an amazing book for an amazing guy if you ask me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Mine.

Quotes Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ Liked

J.R. Ward
“As Qhuinn looked at his best friend's handsome face, he felt as if he'd never not known that red hair, those blue eyes, those lips, that jaw. And it was because of their long history that he searched for something to say, something that would get them back to where they had been. All that came to him was . . . I miss you. I miss you so fucking bad it hurts, but I don't know how to find you even though you're right in front of me.”
J.R. Ward, Lover Mine

January 28, 2010 – Shelved
February 5, 2010 – Shelved as: adult
February 5, 2010 – Shelved as: series
April 21, 2010 – Shelved as: paranormal-romance
May 5, 2010 – Started Reading
May 5, 2010 –
0.0% "I wonder how I didn't burst into flames waiting this long to start this! SO.FREAKING.EXCITED!!!"
May 8, 2010 –
page 471
89.2% "Yeah. Completely isolated from anything else. This book ends today. For the sake of me getting some sleep, this book ends today."
May 9, 2010 – Shelved as: 2010
July 19, 2010 – Shelved as: author-jr-ward
September 28, 2010 – Shelved as: cover-guy-oh-my
October 29, 2010 – Shelved as: heroine-i-loved
February 12, 2011 – Shelved as: in-my-harem

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) GOKCE! great review, as always. You girl made me laugh and spit coffee all over my laptop!

Kinda makes you wish the guy was alive so we can clone him or something I'd like to clone him ;P.

I kinda wanted to rewrite my LM review because it's so shit and I was lazy, but...after reading yours..I'm STILL lazy and you've said everything perfectly.. so I won't! :P

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ Thanks babe!! Hehe, always a pleasure ;D

Omg, are you kiddin'?? I'd clone one for every day of the week each bound in a different position to my bed ;D

Whaaa? I realized I haven't read yours, I'm on way to see what you said!
Whatever you wanna get off your chest just type 'edit' and put it all in there babe! ;D I'm sure I wanted to write a lot of other stuff but mostly it was OMg JM is amazing! and Fuck you Scribe Not-So Virgin! :P

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LOLOLOL!! Wish I thought of that!! Damnit!

JM is amazing, isn't he? He's so dreamy *sigh* Oh God and the Scribe Virgin! I can't wait to read LU!!! I wanna read up on V and see if all the rumors are true!

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ LOL!! Don't worry, you can steal my idea, we'd sure make enough clones for a whole year!! ;D

He really is, I think among all the Brothers he'll be the most special for me always. He was such a wonderful guy *sigh* Hope Xhex knows how freaking lucky she is!

Omg, what rumors??!! DO TELL!!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Aw thanks Gokce! We'll need replacement backups too :P

I loved him the moment he was introduced! I really do have a soft spot for him! And then to watch him grow into such a man...it's so great!

V gets all PMS-y because of Payne and Manny. Possibly some BDSM with Butch?? It's just a rumor, but a damn interesting one!

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ Totally!! :D

Me too!! I was dying to get to his book and was pissed that we had to wait that long but man, it was so worth the wait! He really was remarkable and he's the only one that we got to see grow up like that, I feel like I know him! LOL.

BDSM with Butch?? Oh man, that would be my fantasy come true, except I wouldn't be there lol, but I don't think that's happen. It seems to me like they wouldn't do that to their shellans.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I love the scenes where theyre at Rehv's bar and just hanging out and then he sees Xhex and its like his world stops. So adorable. I so love him!

LOL! True say, Gokce! Yeah, I think it's what fans are hoping but I don't know! We'll see. If she does, I may cry.

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ Oh JM!! He was such an intense lover! I want that man and that love all for myself dammit!

Yeah, I mean, in my fantasies they do all kinds of stuff ;D But in the books, maybe not. I don't think I'd welcome it in the books.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) OH YES YES I TOTALLY AGREE! I dont know if you remember but there was this one scene where JM is super pissed and he is training with his weapons and he gives his warlike battle cry as he's working out. But of course, he has no voicebox so there's no sound. LOL. I could just picture that! LMAO. JM is my hero!I'm not sure if it was in LM though.

LMAO! In my fantasies...You're hilarious!! They do that in mine too! weird. ;P

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ Yes! I remember that part! You know, back when he got through with his transition I expected maybe he'd get his voice but then I was glad he didn't cause that's what makes him so special also ;)
Oh, I loved him way before LM. I was dying for LM so I could see him in action!! LOL.

Oh yeah, yeah, my fantasies are filled with V/Butch loving! And V/ME/Butch loving!! All kinds of sandwiches!! LOL!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I don't know how J.R. does it, but she made JM so hot during his love scenes and he can't even say how much he loves Xhex. He shows her and I think J.R. pulled it off wonderfully. That's though as a writer.

Oh me too! In Lover Eternal (which is my fave book). I have the pool scene with Bella, JM, and Mary. Aww.

ME TOO! *sigh* I just love them!

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ Totally agree. That guy doesn't need a voice. Nope. And I love JR's love scenes, she knows hot to write those, if not some good bad guys.

Awww, that really was adorable, all three of them :)

YEAH!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) She does. And she writes with a lot of heart. So its perfect! Do you agree with that everyone else is saying about her shift to more UF stuff?

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ You mean with BDB books? Or is she planning to write UF stuff?

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) yes with the BDB books.

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ I didn't think she's getting to more UF territory though I gotta admit sometimes the distinction is a bit blurry for me :) But I thought these still would be considered as PNR.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Me too. I thought maybe Lover Ensrhined and Lover Avenged, but thats it.

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ Oh yeah, Lover Enshrined maybe cause that book sure didn't have enough of the main couple!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Exactly, but I thought it was still good.