Claire's Reviews > The Full Cupboard of Life

F 50x66
Jan 28, 2010

bookshelves: library
Read from January 26 to 28, 2010

I went back and read this one as I missed it out by accident. I really love this series. They're quite light reads but really well written, I love the characters, they all feel so realistic. And all the insightful (and funny!) comments about people, eg:
"It seemed as if he was frightened of marriage, which must be the reason why he was proving so slow to commit himself. Well, there were men like that; nice men who were fond of women but who were wary of getting married. If that were the case, then she would be realistic about it and continue to be an engaged lady. It was not a bad situation to be in, after all; indeed, there were some arguments for preferring an engagement to a marriage. You often heard of difficult husband, but how often did you hear of difficult fiancés? The answer to that, thought Mma Ramotswe, was never." :)
I always love all the characters and observations, and the 'results' of her findings. And how the women always manage to solve the various problems along the way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Full Cupboard of Life.