Yolanda Sfetsos's Reviews > Blood Oranges

Blood Oranges by Kathleen Tierney

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, werewolf, vampire, ebook, kobo

This is a book I've had my eye on for a while, and finally picked up a copy a few weeks ago during an insane Kobo sale.

Quinn is an ex-junkie, a liar, and two-kinds of monster. She was attacked by a werewolf and then bitten by a vampire. A scary, old vamp that turns Quinn into her pet and weapon. Did I mention that she's also a monster killer? No? Well, she is. And btw, adding previously withheld info is something Quinn continually does quite a bit.

After becoming a monster herself, she starts getting deeper and deeper into trouble. As well as losing total control and waking up all over the place with no memory of why. Well, she does find some answers in her puke. :P

Quinn is a very unreliable narrator. She's a total liar, and has lived a very hard life on the streets after she ran away from home. I usually have problems with unreliable narrators, but not this one. I really liked her and wanted her to come out okay at the end.

I really enjoyed this book! It's dark, gritty and totally raw. The kind of book that makes you want to take a shower after reading it. LMAO. But you know what? I loved every minute of it. And didn't even mind that it was kinda poking fun at other PNR & UF stories. ;)

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on Quinn's next adventure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Oranges.

March 3, 2014 – Shelved
March 3, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
March 3, 2014 – Shelved as: urban-fantasy
March 9, 2014 –
18.0% "This is interesting. And gritty."
March 9, 2014 – Shelved as: werewolf
March 9, 2014 – Shelved as: vampire
March 10, 2014 – Started Reading
March 10, 2014 –
28.0% "This character is all sorts of screwed up. I like her. :P"
March 13, 2014 –
42.0% "So, Quinn's an unreliable narrator. Not surprised since she's a junkie. Usually, that quality in the MC puts me off the story. Not this time... At least not so far. ;)"
March 14, 2014 –
70.0% "The shi7t just go real! o.O"
March 14, 2014 –
86.0% "Well, I have one chapter to go. Can't wait to see how this ends..."
100.0% "I liked it."