Kimber Wheaton's Reviews > Black Abaddon

Black Abaddon by Sasha Hibbs

bookshelves: ya, favorites

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

I really enjoyed Black Amaranth and have been anxiously awaiting a chance to read Black Abaddon. Ms. Hibbs did not disappoint in this great second book in the Vulcan Legacies series. There was never a dull moment in this twisty roller-coaster ride. Sometimes book two in a series tends to be dull or fall flat. That is not the case with this one. I actually enjoyed it more than the first book! This will be a rather short review because I don't want to give away any of the plot.

The story picks up right from the rather explosive ending of the first book. Ally is in a bad place emotionally in the aftermath of her failed test. She's ridden with guilt and has lost hope which creates a rather somber tone. One thing I really liked was how Ally grew emotionally throughout the story. She's a much stronger character by the end than she was at the beginning.

The secondary characters were also amazing and all very important to the story line. I just love all of the characters! So, I cried at times while reading--keep tissues nearby just in case. I really lost track of time while reading this book. The action was nonstop so there was no good place to stop reading. When the phone rang, I cursed the caller for pulling me from the story. Don't expect too many answers in this second book. In fact I think I have more questions now than I did when I started reading. The ending was amazing, surprising, and left me clamoring for the third book. I hope you're writing fast Ms. Hibbs!

I highly recommend Black Abaddon to everyone high school and up who enjoys an immersive paranormal read. This is not a standalone novel, so be sure to pick up Black Amaranth and read it first. I'm adding this one to my Goodreads favorites list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Abaddon.

March 2, 2014 – Shelved