John G's Reviews > The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven

M 50x66
Jan 26, 2010

Recommended for: everyone
Read from January 02 to 24, 2010 , read count: 1

The collection of short stories that make up Sherman Alexie’s “The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven” provide good examples of how Indian’s coped with their life on an Indian reservation. This book shows a good point of view and similarities they are faced with along with the reader. Also I enjoy that the book is written in the first person and that shows a relation my life.

Sherman Alexie is modern Native American and he is able to incorporate that into his stories. The book is told from a modern Native American’s point of view, and also the book contains humor along with alcoholism and drugs.

I like the writing style, which is in the first person throughout the book. While reading “The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven” you can understand what Native Americans experience throughout their lives and also you gain knowledge on alcoholic parents. In every short story in the book I found myself being able to relate to the story in some way.

I recommend reading this book because it has a lot of life lessons, humor and the point of view of a modern Native American.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven.