Selena Yukino (The Lioness: hear me roar)'s Reviews > Linked

22190125

liked it
bookshelves: the-most-beautiful-covers

Reread on 5/31/15

So, I will be changing my rating because today I reread it. I will also be writing a review.

Rating: 3.7 stars.

Plot: It's definitely original and a little odd at times but overall I definitely enjoyed it. But, I had a hard time picturing the world which frustrated me because Sekoia (the world) is so complex. I also liked how we got a satisfying load of history behind the world(s).

Characters: I found our main character Elissa not to be a solid lead. Elissa's not my favorite character, to be honest. Although, I do like her a lot. She's got a tough side, she's a worrier (which I can relate with), she's smart (when she wants to be), and she handles stuff pretty well (sometimes). My favorite character in Linked though, would have to be Lin. She's kickass, naive (but we can fix that), amusing as fuck, determined, intelligent, and charming. Let's get on to Cadan. I like him. But, I also don't. We have a very difficult relationship. I can't explain it, he just annoys the hell out of me. But, I like him too.

The romance: I'm not convinced that they love each other. (view spoiler) I don't know. Maybe they won't argue as much in the next book.

The writing: Not impressed. It was average.

On to the next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Linked.

January 30, 2014 – Started Reading