Erin Kernohan's Reviews > Marvellous Hairy

Marvellous Hairy by Mark A. Rayner

bookshelves: canadian

** spoiler alert ** This is a delightfully bizarre romp. Mark's writing is not unnecessarily embellished, he gets to the point while still being descriptive, and his dialogue sounds like something I'd overhear at the Grad Club over at Hated University. The story is something that any sci-fi loving reader will enjoy, but in some ways it feels like a MacGuffin - which is just fine because the characters are so endearing that you are happy to get to know them.

On the surface the story is about evil corporate science and cartoonish supervillainy. Underneath that it is about a group of friends breaking through that limbo which occurs after university and on to the next stage of their lives.

The book itself is an odd shape. A bit more substantial than a pocket book. Can't be afraid to crack the spine on this one. There are also some typos... though given some of the mind bending that goes on, I feel alright explaining them away as being typed by monkey-fingers.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marvellous Hairy.

January 26, 2010 – Started Reading
January 26, 2010 – Shelved
January 26, 2010 –
page 16
January 27, 2010 –
page 31
March 3, 2010 –
page 79
26.69% "He he he... Love the stuff about 'Hated University'"
March 3, 2010 –
page 89
March 16, 2010 –
page 172
March 17, 2010 –
page 172
58.11% "I know, I'm a horribly slow reader... but I am enjoying this book immensely."
April 15, 2010 –
page 189
63.85% "again, I am a horribly slow reader... this is starting to get interesting... apart from being entertaining which it has been so far."
April 17, 2010 –