United Indie Book Blog's Reviews > Not at First

Not at First by Phalla S. Rios

I was very intrigued by the blurb for this book and was excited to read it. I love reading new authors and watching them grow as authors. Not at First is the first book I have read by Rios.

The book is centered around Angel and how she is basically in love with two men: Roman and Kevin. I really loved Kevin. He was kind and very mysterious which made me like him even more. I was never sure what he would do next and he seemed to really genuinely care about Angel. I like male characters that are sure of themselves but not cocky. Roman on the other hand is everything in a male character that I hate. If one of my friends was dating a guy like him I would tell her to run fast and far.

Angel really bugged me as a female character. I really did not see what she saw in Roman after she got to know him better. He was a class A jerk and seemed to be more in love with controlling Angel instead of loving her. Kevin clearly loved her but she seemed to not know what to do about it.

Rios does a really good job at keeping us guessing and wanting to read on to find out the answers to all the questions I had while reading. I had so many questions that I wanted clarification about certain plot points. Most of my questions were answered and now I'm anxious to find out what happens to Angel. Does she pick the man that is save? or the man that scares her?

Reviewed by Aubrey
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not at First.

Started Reading