Mark Barry's Reviews > Ask Me No Questions

Ask Me No Questions by Marina Budhos

25819443

"Ask Me No Questions" by Marina Budhos is the story of a family of illegal Bangladeshi immigrants and the trials they face in America after the tragedy of 9/11. When Abba is detained by the INS for violating his visa, Nadira and Aisha attempt to save their father as they struggled with the daily challenges of finding their place in a country they now realize is not their home. "Ask Me No Questions" is a heartrending tale of the horrors one family is forced to endure after the U. S. tightens immigration regulations following 9/11.
This book was very interesting. You get to see how immigrants struggle with jobs and living in different places. To us Americans it seems weird that so many people are trying to get into the United State when we have lived here our whole lives. We didn’t have to struggle to live here. I’m sure there are a lot of people who wonder why they just can’t come and live in this country. This is so many people’s dream. In my opinion I think people should live here if they want to, they shouldn’t have to wait for their Visa’s.
I would recommend this book to people who are concerned about immigration of if you have loved ones that have been taken away because they were immigrants. You will be surprised on how America really truly treats immigrants. I would read this book again because I would probably understand it a little better with each time I read it

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ask Me No Questions.

Started Reading