Katie's Reviews > The Headhunters Race

The Headhunters Race by Kimberly Afe

Read 2 times. Last read February 9, 2014.

See full review at my blog http://crasyabout.blogspot.com

Who has read hunger games and loved the book, will love Headhunters Race. It is amazing book, which makes you be on edge the whole time while reading it. It is quite short and that was my main disappointment in it. It was less than 200 pages and I really wanted to know more about that world. The one and only similarity with hunger games is the race. But not in its concept. While tributes were chosen in Hunger Games, to participate in the race is your own choice to gain freedom. And I didn’t just write freedom by mistake, I meant it. All the participants of the race are prisoners sent to the prison for petite crimes or just because the governor doesn’t like them. There is a mission, to find a person named Gavin and bring him or his head to the governor. You have only 9 days to cover 160 miles and not get caught by the cannibals.

If I never was a big fan of Katniss, I became a really big fan of Avene. She is great and I really did get a good feel on her character. I felt all her emotions her fears and her desires. The only thing I didn’t like about Avene was her wholehearted distrust to everyone and everything. I liked how she became a new person, and we get to see everything from the first raw.

Another great character is McCoy. I didn’t get only one thing: is his surname Mitchell or McCoy? I mean everyone calls him McCoy… okay not talking about it now. He is amazing, and well I never was his fan in the beginning, but I always was getting a good vibe from him, no matter how much Avene disliked him, I had a soft spot for him, and he didn’t disappoint me.

Overall, the book is amazing, and I really can’t describe it all for you. I really hope you will consider it, and will be as lost in it as I was. Happy Reading! Enjoy every bit of it, and don’t forget to leave your thoughts, and read this amazing expert.

XOXO

Katie

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Headhunters Race.

January 13, 2014 – Started Reading (ebook Edition)
January 13, 2014 – Shelved (ebook Edition)
Started Reading
February 9, 2014 – Finished Reading (ebook Edition)
February 9, 2014 – Finished Reading