Tyler's Reviews > Crossing the Naiad

Crossing the Naiad by J.M. Ney-Grimm

A quick, refreshing piece of literature. Like a cool sip of water after a grueling endurance marathon, this novella was exactly what I needed. After slogging through an inconsistently entertaining book of considerable length, this little story recharged me, and now, I feel like diving into another daunting work.

Now, about the story...it's brief. Yet,if you give it a read--and I recommend you do--you'll find that it lacks nothing.

This is the second book by this author that I have read, and I find the styling invitingly familiar to that of the other book (Sarvet's Wanderyar). It's swift and concise, but the prose is eloquent and deft, to the point, yet gracefully articulate where needed.

Again it takes place in the North-lands world of the prior work I read, and in a contemporary setting of the other book, as the main character from the other story is also in this one. Now, I will not dive into the plot of the story, but again I am enthralled with the completeness of the picture the author is painting. The world comes to life, and with each book I read set in this world, the more depth of detail I get of this fantasy Norse land.

All in all, a good, short read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crossing the Naiad.

Started Reading