Michelle's Reviews > Urban Outlaws

Urban Outlaws by Peter Jay Black

Read 2 times. Last read March 8, 2014.

I am in love with the cover for Urban Outlaws. I love how bright and eye catching it is, but also the silhouette of the characters across the top. I will warn you all now that my review is more going to be my thoughts than what really happens in the book, this was my reading material on a journey to and from London. I began reading this when I was almost at London, so picked it back up on the way home.

Now to explain how engrossed in Urban outlaws I was, I am going to give you an example of what the train ride home was like.The train was super busy, it was full of all the Everton supporters going home from London after losing the match against Arsenal. I had a group of about eleven people surrounding me. Possibly about 30 minutes into the journey the person sitting next to me apologised for the language, that they weren't happy that they lost. I smiled and said it was OK....in reality I didn't even hear a word they had been saying, never mind any profanities.

Urban Outlaws is possibly aimed at a younger age to what I usually read, but this did not affect my enjoyment of this book, or how addicting it was. One of the first things that I really loved about Urban Outlaws were the Urban Outlaws themselves, I love how each one has their own talent and how they can use things to their advantage, Slink's ability is free running, and I love how he is the person they use to crawl through air vents, or make impossible paths through lasers or alarm triggers. Together this group of misfits manages to make the best use of every single ability and skill they have, to make a home for themselves, to help others out, and for RAKing (I think my heart melted a bit when I read this part)

While the Urban Outlaws do work well together, I did feel sorry for Wren, the newest and youngest member of their group. When missions are deemed to dangerous for her she is left behind in their den, and because of this when she was finally allowed to assist in a mission she assisted to the extreme causing a lot of headaches for Jack.

As you can see from the review, I have not gone into detail about what exactly happens in the book, or what the Urban Outlaws get up to, it is more a review of my thoughts that what happens. While I am happy I got to review this book, I am also disappointed that I have to wait so long for the next instalment. I need to read it right now and get some answers to things that I don't feel were given full closure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Urban Outlaws.

February 24, 2014 – Shelved
February 24, 2014 – Shelved as: for-review
Started Reading
March 8, 2014 – Finished Reading
February 22, 2016 – Shelved (Audiobook Edition)
Started Reading (Audiobook Edition)
March 3, 2016 – Finished Reading (Audiobook Edition)