Rebecca Altmann's Reviews > The 13-Storey Treehouse

20969386
Feb 22, 2014

bookshelves: read-aloud, childrens-fiction

Review by Jack, age 6.5

It was excellent, it was very, very, very good.

It was awesome because it had man-eating sharks and a shark nearly ate Terry. Terry accidently threw Andy's head in the bowling alley. After they ate too many marshmallows they drank too much lemonade from the lemonade fountain.
Their treehouse is awesome because it looked small from the outside but is big on the inside. There was a gorilla and a yellow canary cat with a whole army of yellow canary cats who saved Andy and Terry. They took away the gorilla to a dinosaur island. Terry painted a cat yellow like a yellow canary.
The pictures are really, really, really cool.
Boys and girls should read this book because it is very interesting and very, very cool and awesome.
That's all folks!

Review by Mum, age none-of-your-business

Anything combining the joint talents of Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton is going to be superb. Andy's writing is a pleasure to read aloud with a deceptively simple style that is never condescending, extremely visual and uses a vocabulary that doesn't require stopping frequently to explain words or phrases. Terry's illustrations complement and enhance the text perfectly, and are chock full of unexpected details.

My favourite part of the book was the illustrations of the pages - pages within pages - especially the one that has a page within a page within a page.... (pg 228). We had made a movie like this several days before reading this book, so it was of particular interest to both of us.

To get the most out of this book find a kid aged between 5 and 10, share it aloud and be prepared to giggle. We are off to find the next book in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 13-Storey Treehouse.

Started Reading
January 4, 2014 – Finished Reading
February 22, 2014 – Shelved
February 22, 2014 – Shelved as: read-aloud
February 22, 2014 – Shelved as: childrens-fiction

message 1: by MsEleanorMae (new)

MsEleanorMae We liked your review Jack! from EleanorMae and Matilda (age 8)

Rebecca Altmann MsEleanorMae wrote: "We liked your review Jack! from EleanorMae and Matilda (age 8)"

Thanks! Is Matilda doing some as well?
When we find the time we will have to do a few more.