Chrystina Williams's Reviews > Once Tasted

Once Tasted by Laura Moore

bookshelves: review-pile, netgalley-arc

I couldn't wait to read Once Tasted after reading Once Tempted and was really excited that this book was about Reid Knowles. Reid was just such an interesting character (okay, and hot). Reid and Mia together were so good, and I love that they had a history.

Mia is so easy to like, she's so down to earth and friendly. She's an orphan and went to live with her uncle, where she was bullied by her cousin. She's spent her adult life taking care of her uncle and trying to make their vineyard thrive. Mia is good at taking care of the vineyard and she loves it, she's just never had to do it alone until now so her confidence is lacking. She had a huge crush on Reid in high school and he really hurt her then, so she's not his biggest fan when they are thrown together.

Reid Knowles is a sexy cowboy with a reputation, and he is happy with his bachelor status. When he has to start working with Mia he really doesn't want to do it, but he quickly comes around. His family owns the Silver Creek Ranch and I love that place, I am totally a sucker for series that are all set in/around the same town or place.

Reid and Mia are great together, and I loved watching the fireworks between them. The story was really good, I actually liked this one more than the first (which I really liked too, by the way). I love seeing the ranch grow. We also get to see Ward and Tess from book one. Although this is the second in the series you wouldn't have any trouble picking up here, but I'm sure you'd like the first one as well! Overall, great read!

Review originally posted on Book Liaison

***Review copy provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for my honest review***
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once Tasted.

February 22, 2014 – Shelved