Priscilla Kraut's Reviews > Cursed be the Wicked

Cursed be the Wicked by J.R. Richardson

bookshelves: read-in-2014, arc

I was given this book as an ARC for my honest review. I will say that, when I read about the summary and watched the book trailer, I did not think that this book will be something that I would enjoy. I was very pleasantly surprised.

The book is written from a male prospective. I was a little worried about how it will work out. The protagonist, Cooper Shaw, is lost. During his journey in writing an article for a travel magazine in his hometown which he left as soon as he graduated from high school, he learns about himself and his family.

I fell in love with Finn. She is quirky and lives life how she wants to and don't care what anyone thinks or cares. I would love to be in her head for a few of the scenes but I don't know if I would want to read the book from her prospective.

I enjoyed the book. It is has a steady flow to the climax. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because there were times that, I as the reader, was left confused as to the thinking of the characters. I did like how the back story was stretched out through out the story right up to the climax but I felt that at times the conflicting views of the back story left me confused. Ultimately I would recommend this story to anyone who loves a good mystery with paranormal being involved but not in the forefront. The romance builds through-out the story and makes it feel real. Enjoy the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cursed be the Wicked.

February 22, 2014 – Started Reading