Laura the Highland Hussy's Reviews > Hot for the Holidays

Hot for the Holidays by Lora Leigh

2043222
Jan 22, 2010

Angela Knight's Mageverse can be confusing, but if you read this short story before any others...this one explains the Mageverse in the simplest, easiest way. In it, a young woman is introduced into the mageverse since she has the potential to become a magi. She is recruited and falls for her sponsor.Good story.

Next was
Allyson James' story "A little Night Music" is great! I've only read her as Jennifer Ashley, and she didn't disappoint here either. I loved the way the Changers and Skinwalker interracted, I LOVED Coyote...the god, yeah the god. His role was hysterical...especially while waiting for the Skinwalker/Alpha of Changers in Mexico to attack them. Coyote offers up a menage, but better than that. You have to read it, it's one of my favorite passages in any book. I'm not typically a fan of stories like this, but it was really well done.

Anya Bast wrote "Sweet Enchantment" and it was very LKH Merry Gentry-ish, but without being confusing or repetative. If you like Laurell K Hamilton, you'll love this story. Bella tries to save the love of her life from execution, even though he rejected and humiliated her in the Seelie Court 30 yrs ago. But he saves her. It seems to be a hint of more to another story maybe? I'll have to look it up.

And in Lora Leigh's Breeds story "A Christmas Kiss" the mating heat between Jessica and Hawke is hot..HAWT! But there's more! Jess' father hates the Breeds and drugged her to give up their secrets since she works security for them. But the betrayal signifies her death. Hawke refuses to believe the betrayal, and luckily for Jess, so does his Alpha. Jess, even drugged, managed to save the 2 female mates of the Alpha and his second before her father's organization tried to kill everyone. Too bad 14 months later, (where the story picks up) that she still hasn't forgiven herself and Hawke still hasn't made her aware that not only does everyone know she's innocent but her life is still in danger! And oh, btw, she's his mate. this would have made a great full-length story. The beginning's a bit confusing and the details of the drug her father gave her aren't clear, but I liked it just the same.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hot for the Holidays.

January 22, 2010 – Started Reading
January 22, 2010 – Shelved
February 3, 2010 –
page 96
27.91% "Angela Knight's Mageverse short stories are always good reads"
February 4, 2010 – Finished Reading

Comments (showing 1-6)

dateUp arrow    newest »

FlibBityFLooB I happen to love the cover of this book. My husband made fun of me because it was my Christmas wallpaper on my computer desktop for December ;)

Laura the Highland Hussy Lol, I should so do that to annoy hubby;)

Lady Allison What a great review, Laurie! I'm not a huge fan of anthologies, but you made me want to check this one out!

Laura the Highland Hussy Oh cool :)
For sure just the stormwalker prequel, if you plan on reading stormawalker

Lady Allison I do, so good to know :)

Laura the Highland Hussy I've got Firewalker waiting for me :) It's a great series.