Therese's Reviews > Behind the Scenes at Downton Abbey: The official companion to all four series

Behind the Scenes at Downton Abbey by Emma  Rowley

bookshelves: non-fiction, read-in-english, read-in-2014

Really great book for every Downton Abbey fan like myself. There was a lot of really interesting behind the scenes information, and I highly enjoyed learning more about the show. (And now I want series 5 even more badly!)

One thing I will say, tho. It's not really about the book, but I still want to mention. Reading this, it makes it painfully obvious that a lot of the people behind the show are rich, posh englishmen who would be living "upstairs" if they lived in Downton Abbey. It doesn't make the book less interesting or anything, it's just an observation that I couldn't help but make.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Behind the Scenes at Downton Abbey.

February 22, 2014 – Started Reading
February 22, 2014 – Shelved
February 22, 2014 –
page 16
5.56% "I was supposed to rewatch season 1 of Downton Abbey this week, but we're at our cabin and I forgot the DVD at home, so this will have to do."
February 22, 2014 –
page 171
59.38% "Reading this makes me miss Downton Abbey. I want the next series ASAP, please."
February 23, 2014 – Shelved as: non-fiction
February 23, 2014 – Shelved as: read-in-english
February 23, 2014 – Shelved as: read-in-2014
February 23, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

Therese MaryannC. wrote: "Ditto! :D"

You like Downton too, right? :) (Not sure why I'm asking because I've seen you post in that group you're in...oh well, gotta start a conversation somewhere). Who's you're favorite character?

MaryannC. Book Freak Therese wrote: "MaryannC. wrote: "Ditto! :D"

Totally love Downton! (belong to the Downton Abbey book group here on GR) and I also read this book, which I thought was very insightful to what goes on behind the scenes. My favorite character was Sybil, but I do love Violet and her sharp comments. Who is your favorite character? I just finished watching Season 4 last week and I'm already having serious withdrawals, cant believe I have to wait almost another year before I can see Season 5, how can I make it that long till then?

MaryannC. Book Freak Therese wrote: "MaryannC. wrote: "Ditto! :D"

Therese MaryannC. wrote: "Therese wrote: "MaryannC. wrote: "Ditto! :D"

I ask myself that very question every day... As for my favorite character, I don't really know, they're all great! I loved Sybil when she was on, my fave Crawley sister. Now my favorite is probably Branson (but I can never call him Tom, haha), with Daisy and Thomas right behind. Daisy is just a real sweetheart, and Thomas is both funny and interesting.

MaryannC. Book Freak Therese wrote: "MaryannC. wrote: "Therese wrote: "MaryannC. wrote: "Ditto! :D"

You gotta love 'em all, they just all add to the charm and success of the show. :)