Asho's Reviews > Dead Girls Don't Write Letters

Jan 21, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: read-but-do-not-own
Read in January, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I read this book primarily because it fit a segment of the Winter Seasonal Reading Challenge. I don't normally read young adult novels (I didn't even read them much when I WAS a young adult) but this was the only book I could find at the library that fit the particular challenge so I thought I'd give it a chance since the blurb on the book jacket sounded intriguing.
I was mostly just disappointed, though. This book went very quickly (I finished it in an hour and a half) and I did find the plot suspenseful. But the characters were completely unbelievable and one-dimensional. I just can't believe any parents could so blatantly favor one child over the other (even the thought that Sunny could have made it all up in her head didn't make it seem reasonable). Also, the evidence Sunny used to solve the mystery didn't all add up to me and the ending just kept piling up one surprise after the other, but it was one surprise too many and left me thinking that the whole thing had been too far-fetched and overblown rather than clever.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Girls Don't Write Letters.

05/26/2016 marked as: read