Kayleigh {K-Books}'s Reviews > Anomaly

Anomaly by Tonya Kuper

Anomaly Review on K-Books

Anomaly was one of those books that I couldn't wait to read right from the moment that I first heard about it. I've been a huge fan of all things Entangled Teen since their beginning and when I heard about their new book Anomaly, and then saw the cover I just couldn't wait to read it. I was so beyond excited when I got my hands on an ARC. Anomaly was not a disappointment. I absolutely loved it.

Josie never expected her life to change as drastically as it does when she turns 17. Suddenly she is thrown into a world of magic, intrigue, danger and secrets. As she comes to terms with the fact that she has magical powers and that the family secret is why her brother really died Josie has to train hard with super-hot trainer Reid. A relationship between trainer and trainee is forbidden... but the more time Josie and Reid spend together the more the sparks fly. But when it comes to light that the secret organisation trying to capture Josie is getting closer Josie and Reid must discover a way to get out of their clutches, before there is nothing left to fight for.

Anomaly is one of those YA books that you just devour. I absolutely loved it. I couldn't get enough of this amazing world where the Oculi are magical but how that magic can also be explained through science. I LOVE IT! Tonya is definitely a breakthrough debut author of 2014. Her writing style is fantastic. I was completely hooked right from the start and she threw twist after twist after turn at me and made me just adore this book.

Josie and Reid are without a doubt one of the most amazing duo's I have seen in YA literature. I loved them so much. Josie goes from normal highschool girl to a kick-ass heroine. Reid... oh my Reid. He was so awesome. He is smart, hot and swoony all rolled into one. He is the character that every girl will fall in love with. Together they grew into such a strong team. I just loved them both.

Anomaly is one of those paranormal YA books that doesn't come along often and when it does you just fall head over heels in love with it. It was filled with all of my favourite things. Romance, action, intrigue, mystery. I loved absolutely everything about it. It was just fantastic and I cannot wait to read the second book in this series. A definite must-read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anomaly.

February 21, 2014 – Shelved