Sweets Books's Reviews > Barely Undercover

Barely Undercover by Sarah Castille

bookshelves: sweets-books-after-hours

Oh My! What a book! I absolutely freaking loved it! But then what's not to love? A long-haired, extremely Alpha, member of a motorcycle club will tick all of my boxes every time but this one is just a bit different. I
should add that I hadn't previously read book 1 in the series - Legal Heat - but that is something I will be remedying very soon but this book works well as a stand-alone so I don't think it would be necessary to do so.
This is not a short story/novella and neither does it end on a cliff-hanger.

The Hades MC are bad, really bad, and into so many illegal activities that the police need to shut them down once and for all. The only way they can do that is to plant an undercover agent in there to get as much information and evidence as possible and Ice is that man.

Lana is a P.I. that has been hired by Angel, the wife of Rex - the leader of Hades, to get evidence of his adultery and illegal activities so that she will get full custody of her child when she divorces him. Lana covertly follows Rex to a sex club, hoping to get the evidence she needs but instead bumps into James, the man who two years previously broke her heart and who she still has not recovered from. But this is a very different James to the cop she knew before. Now he is a long-haired biker known as Ice.

What follows is a heck of a lot of raw sex, profanity, violence, domestic violence, some mild BDSM, and the reappearance of the one man in Lana's life that she never, ever, wanted to see again. Now her life is in danger
and, by association, so is James'.

This book offers quite a different view on the workings of a group of men, and their ladies, living outside of the law and to their own rules. At times it was brutal, other times it was quite funny, but at all times it was totally compelling one of those books that you take to bed intending to just finish the chapter and instead discover that you've finished it just as the alarm clock goes off. It is definitely one that I will be re-reading in the very near future!

Sarah Castille you have a new fan and I can't wait for the next book - I'm really hoping it's Jackie's story.

Till Next Time ~ Sweets Books

(written by Tina ~ Sweets Books After Hours)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Barely Undercover.

Finished Reading