Melissa's Reviews > Can't Shake You

Can't Shake You by Molly McLain

Feb 20, 2014

I was given this book from Netgalley in return for an honest review.

3 years ago Carissa was new to town, ready to escape the baggage that had been holding her back. She meets Josh a Marine who's ready to ship out for deployment. The attraction is wild and their one night of sex something out of a romance novel, but Josh is shipped out before they got a chance to know each other.

Now things have changed Josh is home a popular contractor in his home town, a town where nothing escapes the gossip grapevine. Josh still has eyes for Carissa but he knows he can't act on it. It goes against the guy code.. During his deployment Carissa had a relationship with his friend Reed. Even though they are now Ex's and Reed is the town playboy he can't do that to his friend.

However when Car starts getting ripped off by Alex Kelly another contractor in town he knows he has to step in and help his friend and the woman in all his fantasies.

Great debut novel for a series that has a lot of promise. I really loved the small town feel to this story and the great characters with memorable personalities. You can just feel the stories brewing in River Bend with its Soap opera feel.

I thought Carissa and Josh made a fabulous couple, well suited and there attraction was HOT! I can't help but feel a lot of their troubles could of been avoided with their misplaced sense of loyalty. I mean come on Reed was the town whore! I liked him but he's still a whore LOL, Man I can't wait for him to fall in love!

I enjoyed the cat and mouse romance mixed with a little of mystery.. Somebody was out for Josh.. but who? and to what end? I liked that their could of been a number of suspects.

Very entertaining bring on book 2.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Can't Shake You.

Finished Reading