Sherry's Reviews > Break

Break by Hannah Moskowitz

Jan 21, 2010

The book starts out very strong, right in the action. I LOVE that. So many books that I enjoy have a very slow beginning and they don't start getting good until a little ways in, but not this one. I had started reading it, unfortunately had to stop for something, and when I picked it back up again I read it the whole way through. The pace quickens at the end and I found myself speedreading to find out what was going to happen. The characters are written wonderfully. They interact just as I imagine a family would with those types of problems. One thing that I really enjoyed, was that while I was reading it I could feel the emotions of the characters, mainly the main character, Jonah. While I don't know anyone that is like Jonah or Jesse, I am sure there are people out there with those problems, and even if there wasn't, I would believe it because that is how realistic these characters are. The basis of the book is a very serious one, but Moskowitz adds in a lot of comedic relief which lightens the mood. There are some great lines in here that I found myself laughing out loud to. It is definitely a unique read and I recommend it to anyone and everyone. (4/5 stars=I liked it a lot!)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Break.

January 21, 2010 – Started Reading