Sandy Nawrot's Reviews > The Dream Thieves

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater

Feb 20, 2014

bookshelves: audio

This is the second book in a four book series about a girl and a group of boys that live in a world of mystical energy and supernatural, and were bonded by friendship, some teenage stirrings, and the search for one missing medieval Welsh nobleman thought to be buried near their hometown in Virginia. The first book, "The Raven Boys", pulled me in hook, line and sinker. The story itself is compelling (and not too "woo woo" even for skeptics of the supernatural), but the real attraction is the chemistry. Phenomenal, unique personalities that I could easily invest in. I was more than excited to start Book Two, which centers on one of the boys, Ronan, who has the power to pull items from his dreams into reality, and knows that somehow this ties into his father's violent death years before. I enjoyed this book, primarily because I got to spend more time with this charming and quirky group of kids. My brain was also tickled with the idea of dabbling between the dream world and the real world...sort of an "Inception" kind of brain tickling. But I must admit, this book had less shine than the introductory novel, which isn't too shocking. But it had enough to keep me coming back.

Will Patton narrates both books, and I am sincerely hoping he has signed on for all of them. He has easily found his rhythm here, and has become the voice that must tell this story. I anxiously await Book Three.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dream Thieves.

February 20, 2014 – Started Reading