Taryn Lee's Reviews > Discovered

Feb 19, 2014

liked it
bookshelves: arc, adult-romance, review

Find this Review at Taryn Lee's Book Blog

I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Let's just say this book was not my cup of tea. I hate reading books and finding that I do not like certain characters nor do I like the plot.. yada. yada because then I'm not going to have the best review. And I don't like bashing authors' work because this is their lives, but I'm one critic out of hundreds, so please don't choose to read or to not read based on this review alone.

Emily doesn't have great luck when it comes to guys, so she's not to keen on a new man when Julien with his hot French accent comes barging into her life. Miscommunication takes their a relationship for a turn for the worst. Ex-wives, best friends. Everyone is backstabbing everyone. What's going to happen?

The main reason I really didn't enjoy this book was because I DETESTED Julien. I straight up thought he was arrogant and super neurotic. He wanted Emily, but I felt like the way he worded things made him out to be pompous rather than charming. I also just found the book to lack setting. I like when I know the surroundings of the characters and enough background information to keep me happy, but I didn't have that with this book.

Overall, I'm giving this book 3 STARS out of 5 STARS because I did like Emily and her character, but sadly there were too many other issues to ignore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read by Taryn Lee on February 19, 2014
Reviewed by Taryn Lee on March 2, 2014
Taryn Lee's Book Blog on Facebook

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Discovered.

February 19, 2014 – Started Reading
February 19, 2014 – Shelved
February 19, 2014 – Shelved as: arc
February 19, 2014 – Finished Reading
February 20, 2014 –
100.0% "Review to come in March."
March 2, 2014 – Shelved as: adult-romance
March 2, 2014 – Shelved as: review

message 1: by ♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥ (last edited Mar 03, 2014 11:21PM) (new)

♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥ Great, honest review, Taryn ;)