Raeleen Lemay's Reviews > The Silkworm

The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith

bookshelves: adult-fiction

I FINALLY FINISHED THIS THING. And it was great! I actually liked this book more than the first one, but just by a hair.

Highly recommend getting the audiobooks for these.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Silkworm.

February 19, 2014 – Shelved
February 19, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
April 17, 2015 – Started Reading
April 17, 2015 –
page 0
0.0% "Starting my second audiobook of the month for #crushyourtbr!"
April 17, 2015 –
17.0% "I really like this so far! Possibly even more than the first book...."
April 19, 2015 –
23.0% "the audiobook I got from the library isn't working properly, so I might have to put this on hold for a while until I can get one that works, or just the physical book. *le sigh*"
April 19, 2015 – Shelved as: put-down-for-now
May 3, 2015 –
23.0% "Back to this on audio! I'm really loving this one so far."
May 4, 2015 –
32.0% "Slowly but surely"
May 5, 2015 –
May 7, 2015 – Shelved as: put-down-for-now
May 7, 2015 –
45.0% "the library audiobooks hate me.... putting this down ONCE AGAIN until I can get one that will work. it sucks because I'm loving this book."
July 1, 2015 –
45.0% "Finally got this from the library again! I'm determined to finish it this month."
July 3, 2015 –
76.0% "This audiobook is literally so good. I never lose interest or zone out"
July 3, 2015 – Finished Reading
June 23, 2017 – Shelved as: adult-fiction

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

Michele Jacques Completely agree on the audiobook versions of the Galbraith books. The narrator is fabulous!

Natalie Agree! Loved the narrator.

FrankieReads The audiobooks are DEFINITELY worth it for these books. Robert Glenister is a fantastic narrator. These books just move too slowly for me to read them in print (maybe if I do a re-read later, I'll want to read in print). I would have given up on The Cuckoo's Calling if not for the audiobook. But I would have been missing out on a good thing. Can't wait to see where The Silkworm takes me!

Laura I've rarely listened to any audio books. I took a road trip last month and found "The Cuckoo's Calling" at the library. I was hooked. Just finished the second one and the third I have on reserve at the library. They are "OUTSTANDING" to listen to. I read the HP series, though someone told me those are exceptional on audio, too. I'm so impressed by her talent.

message 5: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Keisler I loved the audiobooks also!

Bb3LScFbVYAWQFEMpWnBoX68QIdmlDpFR97SJTFqNg0= I listened to the audiobook, LOVED the "voices," and got so attached to the book that I checked out the paper copy from the library, so I'd have it with me everywhere. Funny thing - the narration kept the same voice in my head as I read in bed.

message 7: by Annesofie (new)

Annesofie i only have this one & not the cuckoo's calling can i just read it or should i read the cuckoo's calling first?

Raeleen Lemay You should definitely read The Cuckoo's Calling first! This one is about a different case, but you'll miss out on the great character development of you skip the first book :)

Logan I also love the audiobook narration. It feels like people are more likely to like this series if they listen to the audiobook. I wonder if the writing style sounds more natural when spoken.