Princess Bookie's Reviews > This Shattered World

This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman

bookshelves: read2014

My Thoughts: Wow, just wow!! I think I liked this one more than the first! A new set of characters and a new set of problems! But we do see Tarver and Lilac for a little while.

We are introduced to Captain Lee who is a girl nobody messes with. All her soldiers respect her and know not to mess with her physically or emotionally. She’s strong willed, opinionated, and awesome.

Next, we meet Flynn Cormac who is mostly known for his sisters actions. He is following in her footsteps but he just wants to get along and make peace.

Flynn and Captain Lee meet in a unique way, certainly. I loved how they met, and they had so much chemistry! Too bad they are on opposite sides!

I loved following Flynn and Lee’s adventure. They were trying to work together (eventually) to change things and figure out the truth. I feel like this one was just too complex to explain everything. So much happened, and it was all important. I loved how they had to trust one another even though obstacles were against them.

I also loved all the little things going on in this book. I loved the descriptions of the caves, the stars, the water, everything. I felt like I was right there next to Lee talking to her soldiers and Flynn trying to make things better.

Also, I wanted to cry during the blast (you’ll know which one I’m talking about when you read this). It was devastating and heartbreaking! Tears!

I just loved Lee and Flynn so much!!! Amazing characters, amazing plot, and wow the feels!

Overall: I don’t want to say much more but I loved this one! I loved it even more than These Broken Stars! I loved the characters and the plot and I think everybody should give this series a chance!!!

Cover: Love it! These are so colorful yet they show the characters so nicely! Love it!

What I’d Give It: 5/5 Cupcakes
_________
Taken From Princess Bookie
www.princessbookie.com
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Shattered World.

February 19, 2014 – Shelved