Angela's Reviews > Club Vampyre

Club Vampyre by Laurell K. Hamilton

Jan 19, 2010

bookshelves: were, vampire, witch, romance, mystery
Read 2 times. Last read July 5, 2017 to October 4, 2017.

The first three books in the Anita Blake series!

Guilty Pleasures
The Laughing Corpse
Circus of the Damned

Hmmmm that last one...naked Richard. Happy day.

Signed by Laurell (in California, I made the trip just to get books signed!)

**July 2017**
I am deciding where to stop my collection of the Anita Blake books (I still enjoy reading them, but there is a point in the series where I don't need to keep the books for re-reading purposes) - so I am starting at the beginning and reading them through again.
Finished this before heading off to Vegas - Oct 4, 2017...and I still enjoyed this reading as much as I did the first one...such a good start to a long running series - so this first book (containing the first three stories) will be remaining on my Permanent shelf.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Club Vampyre.

February 1, 2005 – Started Reading
February 22, 2005 – Finished Reading
January 19, 2010 – Shelved
July 5, 2017 – Started Reading
July 17, 2017 –
page 266
36.59% "I finished book one - Guilty Pleasures - over the weekend. I enjoyed the story so very much (and got annoyed with the constant descriptions of what people are wearing, as I always have) - it reminded me what I miss in the later books, like the friendship with Ronnie, and the fear. Anita has gotten so powerful she has lost the vulnerability that made her relatable in the early books."
August 30, 2017 –
page 259
35.63% "I started the next book within this book, The Laughing Corpse, and just got to the scene with the bloody teddy bear...I "got" to introduce a bloody teddy bear into court once.. something I hope to never do again."
September 29, 2017 –
page 700
96.29% "I finished the second book last week sometime, and quickly moved on to starting Circus of the Damned -- in which we first meet Richard - man did I love him at the beginning. He was pretty fantastic, until he got all moody in the later books. I will try to enjoy him while I can. We also meet Lawrence Kirkland in this book...what if Opie became a raiser of the dead?? then we would have Larry!"
October 4, 2017 – Finished Reading