Erin's Reviews > Watchmen

it was ok
bookshelves: library-loan, graphic-novels
Read from January 19 to February 04, 2010

2 and a half stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Watchmen.

01/19/2010 page 20
01/25/2010 page 150
36.06% "RIDICULOUSLY IRONIC! Don't know whether to laugh or throw this across the room. I opted for laughter."

message 1: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy I've wanted to read this. Plus both Sean and Justin have wanted me to read this. Let me know what you think.

Erin Will do. Progress has been slow because I'm going through one of those pick up everything in sight phases.... eek.

message 3: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy I hear ya. Been there! lol

message 4: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy You are a tough audience!

Erin This book blew my mind. And not in a good way. I am not quite sure what to think - it wasn't that amazing, but I probably wouldn't have minded it as much if not for the central storyline involving the women characters.

Erin Kathy wrote: "You are a tough audience! "

P.S. I thought the book had some really interesting themes and I wish they had been more obvious throughout. They only really came together towards the end, most of the time I was trying to pin Moore down in terms of what he was trying to say. I am not sure if it's necessarily a bad thing, just not what I would have preferred?

message 7: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy Gotcha. So how are you doing? We miss you at the store! :)

Erin Kathy wrote: "Gotcha. So how are you doing? We miss you at the store! :)"

So, I read more of what Alan Moore had to say about the book and it was pretty fascinating. I probably would have liked it more if I had actually done so beforehand. I was taking the comments of people who really saw these people as heroes and getting totally confused. Really can't say if you should read it or not, use your own judgment I guess??

I'm doing ok... school has been really rough this semester already, 2 weeks in!!! I am really nervous about my workload, if I don't organize properly it's going to be big trouble. I was in on Saturday to see Terry and it was so strange. It felt like I hadn't worked there in so long while feeling simultaneously like I hadn't left and it was any other day. Weirdness.

How are you??

message 9: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy Awww, doing good. Swamped at work, of course. :(

Would you recommend this book?