Audrey's Reviews > Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts

Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts by Lyn Gala

bookshelves: man-love

Oddly enough, I liked this a LOT more than I expected.

Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts is a D/s themed story, but it doesn't contain S&M. It's more of a D/s-lite type of plot, which is perfect for me. The back story established for the narrator MC is heartbreaking and angsty, but I managed to muscle through that part long enough to get to the point where he bonds with and develops feelings for his alien-species dom.

There are parts that are definitely triggers, so do not read this if you have kidnapping, rape, or captivity triggers. I can see how people could be uncomfortable with the opening third of the story OR how they might see this as Stockholm syndrome-esque. However, if you make it past that first third and listen to the narrator's reasoning, it all kind of makes sense.

The story is actually pretty sweet and presents a VERY creative world. Things I would have liked to see more of are (1) the relationship and rapport the two MCs had before the *coughs gently* incident and (2) what happened afterwards. Basically, I felt it ended a little too soon. Otherwise, I was a happy camper and recommend this book if you want a little mind-bending read with a surprisingly HEA outcome.

This story will be the topic of our March Happy Hour Chat, so look for more on Boy Meets Boy Reviews!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts.

February 18, 2014 – Started Reading
February 18, 2014 – Shelved
February 18, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
February 20, 2014 – Shelved as: man-love
February 20, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kat Thought this his was such an interesting, quirky tale! I'm glad you enjoyed it.:D

Audrey It was definitely quirky and a very interesting world! I enjoyed it, oh yes I did. :)