Megan ~The Never Ending Book Basket's Reviews > Consequences of Deception

Consequences of Deception by Ella Fox

I am literally in awe of this book. That is how out of this world fantastic it was. I am typing this review after spending the last few hours entranced by its magnificence.

Consequences of Deception tells the story of Sloane and Killian. (First of all can I say how much I LOVE their names. They seriously are probably some of the best character names I have read because they just fit the characters so well!) Sloane and Killian have a past history together. Four and half years ago, they were on the fast track to starting up something fierce when a tragic and horrible event brought that all to a screeching halt. Flash forward to present day and Sloane is living unhappily with her horrendous Aunt Celine and Uncle Stephen. (Stephen isn't as horrendous, but he's no angel that one.)

Consequences of Deception is the story of what happens when Sloane and Killian are thrust back into each others lives for reasons you don't fully find out until much further into the story. Having these reasons revealed over the course of the book was phenomenal, and how they are revealed makes the story even more out of this world. Reading about Sloane and Killian over the course of the book was a truly a fabulous reading experience.

Let me also say that I absolutely adored Sloane's character. She is strong willed, doesn't apologize for how she feels, and is authentically raw and emotional especially when it comes to Killian. I have to be honest with the fact that for the first chunk of the book I severely disliked Killian, and when I say severely disliked I mean that I hated him! Sure he was gorgeous and talked in a way that made me want to melt, but he was a complete ass. And that is putting it lightly. (In his defense, his "reasoning" for acting the way he does is understandable in a really skewed way, but it was still very rough yet very enthralling to read.) Even through all the things he was doing to make me not like him, I found myself enraptured by him, and by a certain point in the book that will remain nameless, I was completely head over heels for his character. (Talk about some awesome f-ing character development, and I say that whole-heartedly for both of them!)

Both of these characters have past events together that make for some serious complications, and I mean serious. How Sloane and Killian handle those "complications" makes for some of the most emotionally gut wrenching yet beautifully written scenes I've ever read, and makes the story all the more spectacular. This book is so easy to dive head first into, and its title definitely rings true. This book follows what happens with those consequences of deception, and how those consequences seep their way into the many aspects of these characters lives.

I don't want to give away much of the plot line, but I will say it is full of twists and turns that will leave you breathless. Its got drama, some very raw and emotional moments, plenty of times that will make you want to hit someone, or cry, or laugh, or smile like a fool, and of course its got just enough romance to make you want to melt into a puddle asap. By the end of the book you will be on fire in more ways then one, and you will be sad to see the story end. (And just in case you were wondering, the ending is just as utterly fantastic as the rest of the story.)

If you didn't read anything I just wrote, and just skipped to the this point of my review just know that you need to read this book now. And I mean now. Go to Amazon, and one click this deliciously wonderful book now. NOW! Believe me, you'll be oh so happy you did!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Consequences of Deception.

Started Reading
February 17, 2014 – Shelved
February 17, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Tessa (new)

Tessa Teevan What an eloquent, beautifully written review!! I can't wait to read this one! Well done!

Megan  ~The Never Ending Book Basket Thank you! That means a lot!! I tried my best to do this book justice! It was out of this world. Believe me!!