Darcy's Reviews > Magic Bleeds

Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews

Jan 19, 2010

bookshelves: 2010, audio-book, 2013, listened-to-at-work, magic, shifters, vampires, uf, 2016, 2017, re-read-2017
Read on May 17, 2010

This was a great book all sorts of things happen which will make it hard to review without letting them slip. The book starts out with the infamous dinner date between Kate and Curran, but it is Kate and Curran so you know things never go as planned, as so it goes from there.

Kate verbally spars with Curran for much of the book and when she isn't doing that, she is actually fighting him and I don't know which one is better, unless it is when they start to compromise.

Thinking she knew all there was to know about her family Kate is surprised to learn a few things. She also finds that not all those in The Pack or The Order back her, often doing things to sabotage her, forcing her to make choices that alter her life.

This book was full of all the characters that we love, Andrea and Raphael, where it is not all rainbows and sunshine, Dali still trying to drive, Julie who thinks there is no one who wants her, Derek and his new face, Jim trying to keep the pack safe. There were so many laugh out loud moments that you were cheering Kate's razor sharp tongue!!

I can't wait for the next book to see where all these new changes take Kate and company!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Bleeds.

03/29/2016 marked as: read

Narnies Holy crap! When does this come out!? *does a little dance*

Darcy I know I was excited to see this one. It comes out at the towards the end of May.

Narnies Yippie!!! I just finished the third one. I'm now adamint that I'd like one Curran and one Barrons for christmas. I like a man that growls!

Darcy You should also make sure to check out Must Love Hellhounds it has a short story that is set in this world. It is with Kate's best friend (can't remember her name) and Raphael and very much advances their story and has a little bit of Kate with an important bit at the end.

Darcy You are right about the preview Fw2books, it was in On the Edge. I find I don't read them because all it does it make me want to read the book and I can't get a copy in my hot little hands for months and then I just end up driving myself crazy!!

Darcy People that actually read the end of the book before reading the book drive me nuts!! I just don't get that.

Darcy I do give up a book if it isn't good, I try to wait until page 50, and when I do give them up I don't bother to look at the ending because at this point I don't care about the story so the ending doesn't matter to me.

I think we might be talking about 2 different things. When a book previews the next book released in the future at the end of the current one, those are the ones I don't read as it gets me just interesting enough to keep reading, but I have to wait. I am not a patient person in cases like this.

The other aspect is people who pick up a new book, read the last chapter, then go to page one to read the book. Arggg, that is what drives me nuts.

I do agree with you that the ending isn't the be all end all, and I am really bad about trying to figure things out ahead of time, but I can't bring myself to peek ahead, so those that do I just don't get.

Re-reading books is fun for me, especially if they are series because often time the authors lay little hints that you only realize after you know what has happened. Or there are some books that are predictable, you know the couple is going to end up together at the end of the book, but the fun is reading the story of how that happens.

Darcy You are one of those people that drive me nuts!! LOL But hey whatever works for you. :)

I am weird in that I have to look at the back pages of a book when I start to see what other marketing materials they have their about other books, authors, what not. I also have to know how many pages. I am not sure why because it doesn't matter, I am going to read the book. Maybe then I can just think about how far I've gone in the book.

I also like to read the first couple of pages where often there are quotes, I don't always read the quotes, but do see where they come from. If it is an author this is often where I get ideas for new books.

Those pesky kids just don't appreciate your enthusiasm for reading and sleep. LOL

Darcy You are right about the extra stuff leading you to books that are hit or miss. But as I get 99% of my books from the library I give them a shot.

I won't read others reviews or even see what the average rating is of a book before I write a review. I hate for anything to influence me. But once I write my review then I go back and look.

I'm weird, I know. LOL

Darcy I get what you are saying. I find if I am down to 2 books I have to run to the library for more. I usually have between 5-10 to pick up each time. I used to have to be careful of what days I went as they were open on Sunday's but that changed about a year ago.

Darcy I wish my TBR list was more whittled down. I am trying to stop adding things as it is getting over 150 and I would like to get caught up. That doesn't even count the 100 items that I already have my name in for but have not been released yet. Yes, I realize I have a problem, and am fine with it. LOL

Narnies LOL. Sounds like a learning problem, it could be worse, you could be sitting at home continuesly watching movies!

Books are far superior :P

Darcy Fw2books wrote: "ENVIOUS!!!!!!!!!!"

I am about 100 pages in and it is good so far!!

Sammy You are so lucky, i checked around today and it's not out yet around here! Oh I am one of those people who read the last page first usually. Not the whole chapter just page. Don't know why, bad habit i guess, lol.

Darcy Sammy wrote: "You are so lucky, i checked around today and it's not out yet around here! Oh I am one of those people who read the last page first usually. Not the whole chapter just page. Don't know why, bad hab..."

Very bad habit!!

I thought the acknowledgment page was interesting when they said yes there is sex in this book. I haven't come across it yet, but hopefully soon, and hopefully it is Kate and Curran!!

Sammy I just found out my bookstore got it in this afternoon! But now my kids are in bed and I'll have to wait til tomorrow to go get it and spirit bound. Ugh...why couldn't they have it out this morning, lol.

Darcy Sammy wrote: "I just found out my bookstore got it in this afternoon! But now my kids are in bed and I'll have to wait til tomorrow to go get it and spirit bound. Ugh...why couldn't they have it out this morning..."

At least you will be able to get both of them in one trip. :)

Sammy very true, kids will be off to school and mom off to the store, lol.

Aimee Where is everybody finding thi book?!?!?!

Sammy I got it from my local bookstore. Schuler's music and books. ("

Aimee I must go stalk BAM tomorrow! Maybe even Barnes and Noble as well!

Darcy Aimee wrote: "I must go stalk BAM tomorrow! Maybe even Barnes and Noble as well!"

B&N started shipping it last week Mon or Tues. You will really love this one Aimee!!

Aimee Ilona and Gordon can do no wrong in my book. I've been waiting on this one for almost a year! Thanks Darcy!

Darcy Aimee wrote: "Ilona and Gordon can do no wrong in my book. I've been waiting on this one for almost a year! Thanks Darcy!"

I know what you mean. The only thing about getting this one so fast is that now we wait again. :( lol

Sonya Liked your review. I just finished it - and with so much happening I forgot about Dali's driving. That scene was funny!

Darcy Sonya wrote: "Liked your review. I just finished it - and with so much happening I forgot about Dali's driving. That scene was funny!"

Thanks Sonya! I love Dali, her attitude just cracks me up.

Darcy This is the last one that was released in May 2010.