Jenn's Reviews > Rock It

Rock It by Jennifer Chance

bookshelves: arc, contemporary, musicians, read-in-2014, new-author-to-me, new-adult, swoonworthy-boys, 4-star-reads

3.5 Stars

So Dante Falcone. Child star from the Disney channel.

Becomes teen pop idol.
description

Now is pretty much a superstar.
description

Basically this book is the author’s fangirling fantasy involving Justin Timberlake, because even though Dante looks nothing like JT, look at above evidence. I enjoyed this book probably a lot more than I should have and am pretty sure I’m rating it a lot higher because of that. This book was literally a fangirl teenage dream of mine. What teen girl doesn’t want to end up with her celeb crush? Well, Lacey Dawes got to do just that.

Lacey has been in love with Dante Falcone since she first glimpsed him on the Disney Channel. Since then she’s followed every move he’s made and documented it in countless scrapbooks. Now as an adult, she works for a talent agency that just acquired Falcone. Through a series of very fortunate events, Lacey ends up working closely with the man she’s been swooning over for years.

This book was an extremely easy read. I flew through the chapters and was constantly entertained. Lacey was very likeable from the start and, for me, easy to identify with. How would you act if you came face to face with your idol? Dante took a little warming up. He was silent and brooding in the beginning but slowly opened up as the book went on. When he finally lets down his guard and starts teasing Lacey the real fun began.

Was this book believable? No. The situations were completely unrealistic. Do I think that it adds something to the new adult genre? Not really. But it was fun. And every once in a while you just need to read something that’s just fun. Simple as that.

I received an e-copy of this novel from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

This review can also be seen here on my blog.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rock It.

February 17, 2014 – Started Reading
February 17, 2014 – Shelved as: read-in-2014
February 17, 2014 – Shelved as: new-adult
February 17, 2014 – Shelved as: new-author-to-me
February 17, 2014 –
14.0% "I am so amused right now"
February 18, 2014 – Shelved as: swoonworthy-boys