Nichole Giles's Reviews > Elevated

Elevated by Elana Johnson

Feb 17, 2014

bookshelves: contemporary, romance, ya
Read in January, 2014

ELEVATED is the kind of heart-wrenching story that you open and begin to read, and before you know it, you arrive at the last page and it's three hours later and you missed going to the gym and picking up your kids from school and taking them to sports practice or dance class or whatever and it's past dinner time and you didn't even know it because you were lost in this beautiful story. Really.

I absolutely loved Elly, and finding out why she clearly loves Trav, but doesn't want to talk to him. I love the emotional impact that hits again and again with each event that leads to the one fateful day when they end up stuck together in an elevator with their secrets and their heartache. I love how it's written. I love the voice. I love the characters. I love how real the world and the conflicts feel. But mostly, I love that Elana has managed to cram SO MUCH story into so few words. If you've never read a book in verse, read this one. You'll be converted. If you've read one and didn't like it, read this one. You'll change your mind.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Elevated.

02/16/2014 marked as: read