Lily Malone's Reviews > In Safe Arms

In Safe Arms by Lee Christine

I have just finished a Lee Christine weekend 'marathon' with In Safe Hands, and In Safe Arms, in about three days. I was lucky enough to win these books in a recent Australia Day promotion here Down Under, and these were the first of Lee's books I've read.
I liked both books - is the short answer - but of the two, I definitely preferred In Safe Arms. This is about Josie (21 year old PA [and witness to a gangland murder]) and Nate (30), an undercover cop. I can't pinpoint exactly why, but for me the conflict, emotion & the chemistry between Josie and Nate was ever so slightly more enjoyable than that of Allegra & Luke in the first book. Don't let any sense of whether you've read one or both put you off, as both books can certainly be read stand-alone.
Lee Christine writes sizzling sex scenes... but never sex for the sake of it. I always felt the sensual scenes in this book elevated the story to a new high, and continued to develop the relationship between Josie and Nate.
I'm a bit of a fan of biker books. In fact, this is probably the only reason I prefer the second book to its predecessor. I love the TV series Sons Of Anarchy, and the bikie scenes in the book, particularly Nate's initiation, worked very well for me.
I'm over the moon to have won these books in the competition, and absolutely recommend them to readers who enjoy sizzling, emotional sex scenes in the romantic suspense genre.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Safe Arms.

Started Reading
February 16, 2014 – Shelved
February 16, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Georgina (new) - added it

Georgina Penney I haven't read these yet... should I avoid them until I've got a whole lot of time free to curl up and enjoy?

Lily Malone Hey Ms Penney, entirely your choice sweetie! They don't have to be read together, I don't think.
xx

Roz ~ My Written Romance I'm just starting it now.