C.H. Armstrong's Reviews > Sam's Letters to Jennifer

Sam's Letters to Jennifer by James Patterson

Jan 18, 2010

liked it
Recommended for: anyone looking for a "sweet" story.

This was a really good read. I "sweet" book; one that made you want to know more about the characters and root for a happy ending, not really knowing whether you'd get what you wanted in the end.

I liked this book a lot. I will say that the hype leading up to this book (reviewers saying they shed tears throughout) is probably why I only gave it 3 stars instead of 4. I was really expecting a book that would "move" me; one that would stay with me for a long time and that would be impossible to get out of my head. I wouldn't rate the book that highly, but I will say that it was a good read and one that I'd recommend to others who're looking for a book of hope and love.

Much to my surprise, I found that Patterson was able to narrate as a woman and with success. He just seems to "get" it in a way that most men don't. So, for that alone, I say "nice job."

Definitely a quick read and not even close to a waste of time. I think I'd like to check out more books similar to this one by this same author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sam's Letters to Jennifer.

January 18, 2010 – Shelved
January 21, 2010 – Started Reading
January 22, 2010 –
page 144
54.75% "So far, a really good read."
January 22, 2010 – Finished Reading