Mary's Reviews > Why My Third Husband Will Be a Dog: The Amazing Adventures of an Ordinary Woman

Why My Third Husband Will Be a Dog by Lisa Scottoline

This is a great book of essays about what it's like to be an ordinary woman living in the world today (originally published as columns in the Philadelphia Inquirer). I laughed out loud so many times. I also had several moments when I thought to myself, "Wait, someone else feels the same way that I do about X"? (especially about Dead Whoppers in my movie candy, or about how the reason women interrupt each other all the time is because we're so excited about what the other person is saying, we just can't hold it in...) I can't wait to re-read this one and will also pass it on to all my friends. Give it a try - I don't think you will be sorry. (Scottoline also writes great thrillers -- about a year ago my friend Phyllis recommended "Look Again" to me and since then I've been a big fan.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Why My Third Husband Will Be a Dog.

Started Reading
January 17, 2010 – Finished Reading
January 18, 2010 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Started it but had to return it. Will try again later. Loved the Dead Whoppers (although I like them better than she does.)

Louise Turner Mary, I just finished this--got it because of your review--and loved it. I too had times when I had the pleasure of realizing we shared the same feelings. One of these was when she talked about letting your hair go for two years without a hair cut and you are not bothered by it, but then one day you look and all of a sudden a haircut is an urgent thing--you can't wait one day more. The day I read that piece I had just been trying to make an appointment to get my hair cut and my hairdresser, who works only one day a week, could not take me until July 9th. Waiting is difficult, but Scottoline's precautionary tale about the dangers of trying to do it yourself will help.